Depression, a word that you must have so often encountered and so often ignored. Won't be wrong to say as common as a flu, this debilitating condition never fails to appear in the list of top major health concerns for the world.
Let us understand depression a bit! To put it in layman’s language it is the illness of the mood. Your mood feels like lost and sinking.
To put it scientifically, the DSM-IV-TR has given the following list of symptoms:
- Depressed mood for most of the day, or nearly every day
- Lack of interest or pleasure in all, or almost all, activities
- Decrease or Increase in Appetite
- Significant Weight Loss even when not dieting or Weight Gain
- Insomnia or Hypersomnia
- Feeling Fatigued or a Loss of Energy
- Feeling of Worthlessness
- Feeling of Inappropriate Guilt
- Recurrent Thoughts of Suicide
If you experience most of these symptoms, then you might be suffering from some degree of depression. But don’t you get bogged down.
Let you be informed that depression is treatable and can be managed. So you don’t have to prolong your suffering and face it by yourself.
Rich Psych offers you zealous counsellors who are willing to help you beat depression and lead a happier life.
So get matched with a counsellor and start counselling. Wondering about Privacy and Confidentiality? We take it very seriously here and what you talk remains between You and Your Counsellor.
You can also take our Depression Questionnaire here.