How mindset shapes your Life
Do you think your beliefs, perceptions, attitude impact your success and failure in life? If yes, then you are on the right track of self-improvement. Your mindset plays a pivotal role in what you want? And how you accomplish things for yourself? Mindset matters the most and it brings all the difference in your life and the world around you.
What is Mindset?
Mindset is a mental framework that guides how you visualise things; it is a set of beliefs, thoughts, perceptions, feelings and actions that guide you to meet life’s challenges with courage and positivity.
It is the overall outlook or the expression of your beliefs that creates a real world for yourself.
Mindset is a mental disposition that shapes thoughts and helps you to take appropriate actions in desired directions. It is the core mental structure that formulates how you sense yourself and the world around you.
What is the Importance of Mindset?
As Albert Einstein once said, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
A mindset is formed by previous life experiences and socialisation process. So, it is difficult to change these fixed ideas even though one wants to do it. If you change your mindset and make it positive and flourishing, you are opening a new world of multiple opportunities to explore, nurture, and thrive.
Your positive mindset gives you the courage, resilience, and endurance to work hard and fulfil your goals. It helps to make things happen, the way you want. It generates positive ideas and thoughts that in turn inculcate positive feelings and decisive actions. It determines the way you approach your life each day. Developing a positive mindset has become the need of the hour, especially in today’s world of extreme competition and economic challenges.
Success in life, relationships, workplace, personal endeavours are all dependent on developing a growth oriented positive mindset. A ‘can do attitude’ and ‘never give up’ rule is equally important and determining.
What is Growth Versus Fixed Mindset?
All of us know and talk about growth and fixed mindset. So, let’s understand these two terms clearly.
1. Growth mindset: People having a growth mindset are always open to learning. They are optimistic and trust their abilities. They face challenges and try to expand their understanding of various things. They are emotionally mature and socially intelligent. Success and failure allures them equally well. Growth oriented people believe that their mental abilities such as intelligence, creativity, and problem solving can be developed overtime.
2. Fixed mindset: Individuals with a fixed mindset are usually pessimists. They do not trust their abilities. Usually with poor self-confidence and a broken self-esteem, they always feel inadequate of themselves. Moreover, they are not eager to face challenges. Usually feels de-motivated to upgrade their skills. Fixed mindset people are jealous and anxious. They are worrywarts and avoid difficult situations because they do not want to taste failure. Failure hurts them and pushes them further towards a negative mindset that is threatening and emotionally overwhelming.
10 Essential Signs of Positive and Growth Oriented Mindset:
1. Positive and growth mindset people are proactive. They do not sit idle rather believe in taking actions.
2. They involve in their work and make it happen.
3. These people live in their moments and do not brood over their failures. For them, failures are life lessons to work on and evolve.
4. Positive minded people focus on what they can do, not on what they cannot do. They always try to enhance their professional skills.
5. Growth mindset helps you to find solutions to problems.
6. If you possess a positive mindset, you will never allow your fears act as barriers in accomplishing goals.
7. Positive people smile a lot because they are happy and grateful for what they have. They seldom blame others for their failures.
8. Growth oriented individuals are empowered beings because they have positive self-esteem. They embrace their strengths and work on their weaknesses.
9. They take criticisms as opportunity for new learning.
10. These individuals are self-satisfied so they are always happy and peaceful from within.
How Can You Develop a Positive and Growth-Oriented Mindset?
To have a positive mindset is not a one-night magic. It requires effort and dedication to make things happen in the right way. A growth mindset can be nurtured with effort. You can break the ‘stuck-ness’ and achieve desired results in your personal and professional life.
Human beings have fixed set of cognitive skills like intelligence, problem solving, creativity that is ever evolving. You can always learn new skills if you work on it; thereby intelligence and problem-solving abilities grows with each experience. Having a positive and growth-oriented mindset helps you love challenges, despite risks. You can contribute to a happier, fuller, and meaningful life.
Self Help Tips to Nurture a Positive and Growth Oriented Mindset:
1. You will have to accept imperfections within you. Then only, you can put effort to fix problems surrounding you.
2. Consider challenges and problems as an opportunity to learning.
3. Embrace failures and do not thrive in it. Work hard and put in your best foot forward to achieve what you have wished for.
4. Stop seeking approval by pleasing others; as this makes you feel inadequate from within. Enjoy little achievements and practice gratitude for a healthy mindset.
5. Be a lifelong learner; even if you fail. Slowly, it will help you develop self-confidence.
6. You can use trial and error method to see what works well for you to achieve your goals.
7. Try to cultivate a sense of purpose in life. This vision gives you an idea of ‘what to achieve’ and ‘how to achieve’ your goals.
8. Learn well and not fast. When you do so, you start noticing your mistakes and can easily rectify them.
9. Believe in criticisms because they help you develop your innate potentials.
10. Reflect on your learning at regular intervals. It is like self-evaluation. You will easily know your weaknesses to work upon.
11. Train your brain to learn more and grow intellectually and emotionally.
12. Be determined and consistent in your approach.
13. Try to develop a promising attitude towards whatever you pursue.
14. Simply keep going and develop tenacity. It is essential for success; otherwise you may slip, falter to the lowest levels.
15. Get inspired by reading success stories of other people. This will help you to keep your motivation level high.
Thus, Mindset make you the person you wish to become. You will become the best version of yourself. Commitment and willingness to become the best thrives in a positive mindset. It allows you to have an incredible life tomorrow.
So how do you keep your mindset positive and growth oriented? Let me know in the comments section.