I come from a Broken family, this makes me feel very upset sometimes and sometimes very angry. What can I do to improve myself??

4 Answer(s).
Last Updated: 19/12/2018 at 12:47AM

Top Rated Answers

Sep 10th, 2018 12:46PM

Tiffany Bowen

It's okay to feel upset. It would be a natural emotional response. You can begin to focus on the things you can change, creating the life you want for yourself. I encourage you to move on from your past. I will not happen over night though. You can do this by firstly forgiving your family members, then looking forward to your future, to create the life you want!
Sep 10th, 2018 05:30PM

Anam Mukaddam

It's alright to be angry and express your emotions. At times like this, you should do things you like to do, things that make you happy, follow your dreams, look for a goal in life. This will take time as you will be doing this alone but always remember that even though you are alone, you have yourself atleast. Because no one understands you better than yourself. Don't loose hope ever and if you need someone to talk, we here at Richpsych are here to hear you out!
Sep 11th, 2018 07:05PM

Srishti Narula

I understand it can be difficult at times as family is a source of support. However, there is nothing wrong with you that needs fixing. All you need to do is find a safe space to work through and express these feelings. Could be a friend that you trust or any of the counsellors here. We will be happy to help you even if you just need a listening ear.
Dec 19th, 2018 12:47AM

Mertha Nyamande

Family structures can be quite challenging with parents having certain expectations of their children and others wanting to live vicariously through their children. These are boundaries that can be missed and misunderstood leading to intrapersonal difficulties. You would need to get help to understand why your past experiences may be causing you to feel this way before you can start to recover your sense of self that would enable you to forgive and let go of those pains. I would certainly recommend you talk to a psychodynamic therapist or a Systemic/Family therapist. Your problem is very common and can be resolved without too much of difficulty. Good luck!